Take-Two Interactive – 62 games to be released by March 2024; GTA 5 at 145 million sales
Take-Two Interactive, the parent company of Rockstar Games, 2K Games, and Private Division, also has its January-March 2021 – the quarter of the financial year 2021 (April 2020 until March 2021).
Net bookings rose 8 percent, to $784.5 million, up from $729.4 million during the year’s previous quarter. Ninety-two percent of bookings were made via digital. Net bookings derived from “recurring consumption” (Season Pass, Battle Pass, microtransactions) rose 17 percent from year to year and made up 70% of all net bookings. The most significant players to net bookings are NBA 2K21, Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto 5, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online, mobile games from Social Point, Civilization 6, Borderlands 3, Two Dots, NBA Online and WWE SuperCard. The bulk of the revenues came from games released before April 2020, which totaled $514.7 million, led by Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, and Civilization 6.
Net bookings refer to the total amount of goods and services sold online or physically over time. They also include merchandise, royalties, game-related advertising strategies, books, and publisher rewards.
Let us not forget about the announced secret remasters: Take-Two Interactive: Three more remasters or re-releases in the works; rumored GTA titles
Furthermore, Strauss Zelnick (chairman and CEO of Take-Two) has announced that Four “immersive primary games” will be released before the close of March 2022. two of them will be based on brand new brands. As the publisher typically includes the annual sports titles among”the “Immersive Core Games'” addition, two games are yet to be revealed. It is believed that they will be the first game created by Ken Levine and a new strategy series from Firaxis Games. Six remakes of existing games are also being planned and are expected to comprise GTA 5 and GTA Online for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S (speculation: Red Dead Redemption 2 and Mafia The Final Edition to be released for PS5 as well as Xbox Series X/S).
Based on Strauss Zelnick, Firaxis Games will contain more titles. In any event, “several” Firaxis games are likely to be revealed in the course of the fiscal year – maybe even the successors of XCOM or Civilization. In any event, 19 “immersive core games” and just 3 “new releases” are scheduled for the fiscal years 2023 and 2024 (April 2022 through March 2024). The total number of titles is expected to be released before March 2024, which includes 20 mobile games.
The following games have been officially announced thus to date:
- Grand Theft Auto 5 (PS5, Xbox Series X|S) until November 11, 2021
- Grand Theft Auto Online – Standalone (PS5, Xbox Series X S) November 11. November 2021
- OlliOlli World (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Switch (digital only)) Winter 2021
- The Outer Worlds: Murder on Eridanos (DLC – Switch) 2021 – calendar 2021
- NBA 2K22 (no platform information) – – fiscal the year 2022 (April 2021 until March 2022)
- WWE 2K22 (no information about the platform) Fiscal calendar year 2022 (April 2021 until March 2022)
- Kerbal Space Program 2 (no specifics about the platform) Fiscal year 2023 (April 2022 through March 2023)
Additionally, sales figures for games and. Game series mentioned:
- GTA in Android series 345 million.
- Grand Theft Auto 5 (145 million) (end Dec. 2020 140 million)
- RDR series 60 million.
- The Red Dead Rebirth 2: 37 Million (end in December, 2020 36 million)
- NBA 2K series – 110 million.
- Borderlands series 70 million.
- Borderlands 3 13M
- Borderlands 2 25MM
- “BioShock” series, 37M
- Civilization series – 57M
- The Outer Worlds – 3M (end December 2020: 2.5M)